The AGM is for WCUK Members only
WCUK Annual General Meeting
The WCUK will hold its Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) on Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 7.00 pm - 8.00 pm with drinks available from 6.30 pm.
Venue (UWC and Online):
In person: The Library, University Women’s Club (“UWC”) and
Virtual: A virtual/online link will also be distributed so that WCUK Members who cannot attend in person but wish to join online may do so virtually.
Mandatory Registration Link for ALL Members of the Annual General Meeting:
All WCUK Members who plan to attend the AGM (whether in person or virtually) must register to attend the AGM.
Registration for the AGM can be completed here
All WCUK Members are hereby notified of their right to appoint another person as their proxy to exercise all or any of their rights to attend and to speak and vote at the general meeting. Click here for the proxy form.
As Allen Lloyd Thomas is standing down as President of Wharton Club UK, voting for the new President and any new Directors will take place. Electronic voting will commence for the new President and new Directors of the Company board directly after the AGM.
Process for Nominating “Candidates" as the new President and/or Directors of the Company:
- Each fully-paid up WCUK Member is encouraged to stand as Candidate for President or Director. Click here to pay your dues.
- To qualify as a Candidate for President or Director role at the WCUK, each Candidate must have received two nominations from other fully paid-up Members of the WCUK by no later than midnight on Wednesday, March 29th, 2023.
- An online link for nominating Candidates will be circulated to all WCUK Members so that Members can nominate potential Directors.
- The link for nominating Candidates will remain open until midnight,Wednesday, March 29th, 2023 (after which no nominations will be accepted).
- By April 5th, 2023, each Candidate is encouraged to submit a statement to [email protected], explaining why they are interested in becoming a Director of the WCUK (“Candidate Statement”).
Full details can be found in the Articles of Association of the Company, which can be found here.
Additional Topics for AGM:
The AGM will review the WCUK’s:
- accomplishments during the past year;
- priorities for the upcoming year; and
- financials, among other things.