Art & Photography Challenge - 17th January 2021, commemorating Benjamin Franklin’s 315th Birthday
Submissions by the 10th of January 2021 (midnight)
The Penn and the Wharton Clubs of the UK will commemorate and celebrate the next anniversary of the birthday of Benjamin Franklin by launching a special Photography & Art Challenge for Alumni and Family.
Born 315 years ago in Boston, Benjamin Franklin was a British American polymath and one of the Founding Fathers of the United States.
He founded many civic organizations, including the Library Company, Philadelphia's first fire department, and the University of Pennsylvania!
Among the very diverse ways in which he excelled, Benjamin Franklin was a leading writer, printer, political philosopher, politician, postmaster, scientist, inventor, humorist, civic activist, statesman, and diplomat.
Submission deadline: 10th of January 2021 (Midnight)
Announcement of winners of the Competition:
January 17th (Ben Franklin's Birthday)
Five Thematic Categories for both Art and Photography:
- Community / Reunion
- Art by Children *
*Art by Children category is open up to the age of 12. Over 12, the youngsters are encouraged to participate in the other categories with adults.
Instructions for Submission:
- Deadline for submission: 10th of January 2021
- Beyond the applying 5 categories cited above, both the technique and format are free. You cand send photographs and photos of your art (paintings, drawings, sculpture, collage, etc. …). The original pieces must be authentic, made by Alumni or a family member.
- You can make us many submissions as you wish. There is no limit!
- Email address: Please send your photography and/or picture of your art to email@example.com (for large files please send using WeTransfer)
- Please use the following points to include the relevant information in your email for each photo of your artwork or photography submitted:
- Name of the Author:
- Alumni and or Family member details:
Category of the piece submitted:
Nature, 2. Community / Reunion, 3. Humour, 4. Holidays, 5. Art by Children (up to the age of 12)
As a source of inspiration for children, you can find below fantastic colouring pages that can be used by them:
- Penn Alumni:
- Penn Museum:https://www.penn.museum/blog/museum/penn-museum-coloring-pages/
We invite all Penn and Wharton Alumni and Alumni Family members to participate. We are calling all art lovers to send your photographs and/or artworks, and Art by children!
The prizes will so be announced on the 17th of January, the date of birth of Benjamin Franklin.
The Photography and Artwork will be judged and selected by Penn Alum, Stephen Robert Morse, Managing Director of Lone Wolf Studios.
Stephen Robert Morse is an American documentary filmmaker.
He specializes in true crime and political genres. He is known for producing the Emmy Award-nominated Amanda Knox and EuroTrump, focusing on Geert Wilders.