GEOPOLITICAL PANEL DISCUSSION WITH HEAD OF UNCTAD AND CEO, GREATER PACIFIC CAPITAL
Thursday, 29 October
Please join other CBS Alumni on October 29th at 6:30pm for a zoom discussion about how heightened geopolitics, challenging macro fundamentals, and structural change are affecting global trade and investment opportunities.
Our expert panel includes Ketan Patel, CEO of Greater Pacific Capital and Dr. Chantal Carpentier, Head of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development(UNCTAD). After a brief intro from our panelists on how their organizations are managing in the current environment and planning for the future, they will participate in a guided discussion, followed by a Q&A from the audience.
Topics for discussion include:
- The effects of Covid-19 on global trade & development
- Implications of ESG investing and stakeholder capitalism on global trade
- How a changing New World Order affects specific geographies & sectors
- How markets are planning for the upcoming U.S. election
- The emerging power struggle and structure between the US, China, EU, India and lessons from the past, including the new world order and what it means for key relationships, core great powers and others including UK/Brexit, Japan, the Middle East and others
The panel discussion will be moderated by Angela Paulk (CBS’10) and is curated by Nicolas Kahale (CBS’ 81).