Meet Wharton alumni and entrepreneurs and investors at a tour of Wayra, Telefonica's start up accelerator
DATE: Wednesday 14 October 2015
TIME: 18h30 for 19h00
VENUE: WAYRA UnLtd UK
Wayra Shropshire House, 2-10 Capper Street London WC1E 6JA
Nearest tube: Goodge Street, Warren Street
18h45: Quick intro to Wayra, Tours of the floor by Wayra executives to show the pods and hear mini-pitches from each company
19h15: Wharton entrepreneur town hall pitches
20h00: Networking drinks
- David Vogel, Head of Acceleration, Wayra UK
- Reijo Pold, Head of Partnerships, Wayra UK
- Farid Tejani, Founder of ignitr (http://ignitr.eu), a Fintech company builder and Ampersand (http://amplab.io), a social impact business design advisory and community platform for seed stage European startups (http://amplab.co).
- Sia Houchangnia works at Seedcamp, a pan-European London based accelerator launched in May 2007 by a group of 30 European investors that provides startups with seed money, mentorship, office space and support over a yearlong program.
WHARTON START UP PITCHES:
- Georgios S. Georgiopoulos (WG10) - BetTrade - powers online casino games without a reserve
- Neha Mittal (WG14) - Ladu - Instant messaging app for on-demand businesses to communicate with their drivers, freelancers etc
- Petko Plachkov (WG15) - CommuterClub - low cost financing of seasons tickets for commuters
- Rafael Samuel-Lajeunesse (WG01) - Knoowt - peer-to-peer travel advisory platform
- Sergey Sosnov (WG07) - Zen Assets - investment platform providing low cost tailored investment advice and management
This event is open to all Wharton and Insead Alumni, and preference is given to Club Members.
Each Member can bring Guests at Member price.
Please register before the event. No walk-ins allowed.
Club Members or Guest - £25/person Buy this now!
Insead Members £25/person Buy this now!
Non-members £30/person Buy this now!
Wayra is Telefonica's start-up accelerator which was started in Latin America and Spain in 2011. Wayra's acceleration program provides start-ups with funding, a workspace in the London academy and access to a global network of business partners, mentors and experts, plus the opportunity to work with Telefonica businesses around the world. Wayra UnLtd is a new partnership between UnLtd, the world's largest supporter of social entrepreneurs and Wayra's global tech-start up accelerator programme, 50% funded by the UK Goverment.
Acknowledgements to organisers Joe Ponsonby (WG’94) and Neha Mittal (WG'14), leaders of the Wharton Entrepreneurs Network. Joe is MD and founder of Levare CorpFin (http://lvcorpfin.com), a corporate advisory boutique iwth associates in London, Dublin and San Francisco. Neha is Founder of ambitioni (http://ambitioni.com), a data-driven platform that helps users manage long term career plans.