Formal dinner at Berlin’s SoHo House in Berlin-Mitte, featuring a keynote by Sigmar Gabriel, Chairman of the Atlantic Bridge (Atlantik-Brücke e.V.) and former German Minister for Foreign Affairs and Vice-Chancellor.
II. Conference on Saturday, Oct 15th, 2022 (9.30 am – 7.30 pm)
Keynote presentations, panel discussions, and networking taking place in the premises of the European School of Management and Technology (ESMT) in the former DDR “Staatsratsgebäude” (Schlossplatz 1, 10178 Berlin).
Morning Session (9.30 am – 13.00 am)
Status Quo, Challenges & Visions for Transatlantic Relations in Industry
Presentations by experts like
- Dr. Manfred Bischoff, Honorary Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Mercedes-Benz AG, former Chairman of EADS and Chairman of the Board of Daimler AG
- Simone Menne, President of the American Chamber of Commerce in Germany, Board Member of Deutsche Post and Henkel AG, and former CFO at Lufthansa and Boehringer Ingelheim AG
- Gordon Riske, Chairman of the Board MTU Aero Engines and former CEO of KION
Podium discussion (moderated by Frank Mattern, Chairman of Frank Mattern Advisory & Investments and Director Emeritus McKinsey&Company. Mr. Mattern (WG90) is also a member of Wharton’s Executive Board for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
Afternoon Session (2.00 pm – 4.30 pm)
Transatlantic Specifics in Venture Investing & Start-up Formation
Panel discussion with leading VCs and founders, including
- Jason Whitmire, Co-Founder and General Partner of BlueYard Capital
- Evren Ucok, Founder & CEO of Trendyol.com, Turkey’s first decacorn, and Founder and Managing Partner of EarlyBird Venture Capital’s Digital East Fund
The discussion will be moderated by Bernd Wendeln (WG04; Managing Partner of Wenvest Capital and Chair of Wharton’s Executive Board for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
Cultural Intermezzo (5.00 pm -6.00 pm)
Opportunity for guided tour of the Feuerle Collection in Berlin-Kreuzberg, featuring exquisite ancient Chinese and contemporary art in the unusual location of a former WWII bunker.
Networking & Closing (6.30 pm – 8.00 pm)
A final get-together for an aperitif & appetizer will take place at ESMT’s premises, providing an excellent opportunity for discussions & networking with fellow alumni & Wharton faculty.
Prof. Philip Nichols from Wharton’s Department of Legal Studies & Business Ethics will get us started with an update on his latest research. Prof. Nichols has co-led this year’s Wharton Global Modular Course to Latvia and Estonia and was a long-time member of the American Council on Germany in the past.
Afterwards, ESMT’s central location will provide an excellent starting point for a night out in Berlin’s vibrant restaurant scene.
Please register NOW to take advantage of our Early Bird Special of 360 €, which includes
- Opening dinner at SoHo House on Fri, 14 Oct 2022 (food & drinks included) and
- Full access to one-day conference on Sat, 15 Oct 2022 (lunch & dinner aperitif included)
Participation in the guided tour of the Feuerle Collection can be booked at an additional 40€ p.p..
Registration is open to all Wharton and Penn Alumni and their guests (+1).
Payments on our website can be made via credit card in the course of the check-out process. If you require alternative payment options (PayPal, transfer), please contact [email protected]
Registrations are considered on a ‘first come, first served’ basis and are binding only after receipt of the complete registration fee.
There are numerous hotels of all categories available in vicinity of the conference location. However, special rates for the event are reserved at
- Regent Berlin, a classic 5-star hotel (Classic Room at 329€/350€ p.n. for single/double occupancy; for reservation: T +49 30 2033 6666 or [email protected]; code: WHARTON) and
- Monbijou Hotel, a boutique hotel next to Berlin’s Museum Island (Double Room at 149€/199€ p.n. for single/double occupancy; for reservation: T +49 30 61620 300 or [email protected]; code: WHARTON)